The first quarter of this year has come and gone and as we settle into the Second Quarter, it is another opportunity for each one of us to take stock of how we are doing financially. The question is the same for everyone: What progress have you made in the last 3 months – financial or otherwise?
- Do you still remember those New Year resolutions at all?
- Have you applied for the new job yet?
- Are you reading one book per month like you promised yourself?
- Have you began the budget at all?
- Did you manage to have the financial discussion with your wife/husband, children or parent like you resolved to do Christmas Day?
- Have you actually paid any attention to the direction your financial life is heading?
If you’ve answer ‘No’ to any of the questions above then it is time to begin again – with determination this time. A new 3-month period. This time we will be aiming for financial progress before the end of June. Is that okay?
No one is his right mind will use a lawnmower to try and weed a rose garden. You have to do things with care. Pay attention to the little things about your finances from now on and financial freedom will soon be yours but as long as you continue not to follow a definite path out of the cycle of debt, you will continue to be dominated by circumstances.
Until next time.Niyi Adeoshun
Money Management Coach
Author of "The Price of Financial Freedom"
(3 Essential Steps for Breaking the Cycle of Debt)