“Destiny is not matter of chance, it is a matter of choice – so is financial freedom”. This is a sentence i wrote on the back-cover of my next book “The Price of Financial Freedom” to be published in November 2017. You may, like me, have known people who think they can climb the ladder of success by using other people as stepping stones on the way there. They are the ones that think that taxing the rich with help the poor; no, it doesn’t – it actually hurts the poor in the long run as they usually pay more!
The “Ten Cannots” below were written by an American religious leader and influential public speaker – Rev.William John Henry Boetcker (1873–1962) . They tell of things that you cannot if you want to prosper.
1. You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
2. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
3. You cannot help small men up by tearing big men down.
4. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
5. You cannot lift the wage-earner up by pulling the wage-payer down.
6. You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than your income.
7. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
8. You cannot establish sound social security on borrowed money.
9. You cannot build character and courage by taking away a man’s initiative and independence.
10. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
The bible says in Hebrews 7:7 (NKJV) that “Now beyond all contradiction the lesser is blessed by the better.” You need to learn to rejoice in the success of others while you work towards your own. The same God that helped them is ready and waiting to help you – if you ask Him.
Your financial success is not more that waiting for the misfortune fo your betters; it takes work on your part for your own success!Niyi Adeoshun
Money Management Coach
Author of "The Price of Financial Freedom"
(3 Essential Steps for Breaking the Cycle of Debt)