We, human beings, naturally follow the path of least resistance; we will try to get something for nothing (or eat our cakes and still have it) – if possible.
The story below will illustrate what I mean:
A young couple on holiday walked past a house where an elderly man and his wife were lounging on their porch. Lying in between them was their dog, which was moaning and groaning. This scenario was repeated over several days each time the couple passed this family. Confused, this young couple decided that if the same thing happened again the following day they would ask the family about the dog in distress.
Sure enough the next day, it was the same scene exactly when they walked past the house. So they stopped and asked the elderly couple, “What is wrong with your dog?”
The elderly lady replied “There is nothing wrong with him; he is just lying on a board that has a nail sticking up.” The tourists then asked why the dog wouldn’t just get up and lie somewhere else. They were told “the nail bothers him enough to make him moan and groan, but it’s not hurting him badly enough to make him get up and move”.
Would you agree with me that this is how some of us live our lives? People just keep complaining about the things they don’t like – jobs, relationships, finances, their whole lives … without getting up and doing something about them.
So if financial freedom is so necessary and even desirable to all, why isn’t everybody aiming for it?
I can give you a few reasons:
- People want it…but they don’t want to work for it.
- They want it…but they don’t want to invest anything to get it.
- They want it….but they don’t want to risk anything for it.
- They want it…but they don’t want to pay the price for it.
- They want the freedom…but they don’t get it because they want it to be free!
By not choosing freedom, they have chosen bondage – by default.
- How long are you going continue wishing for a better life?
- Another year is about to roll will things continue to remain the same for you or you are prepared to make a change?
It is time to stop wishing and begin doing something to change your life. My book “The Price of Financial Freedom” will help you.
Get your copy today: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Niyi-Adeoshun/e/B0034PR01A/Niyi Adeoshun
Money Management Coach
Author of "The Price of Financial Freedom"
(3 Essential Steps for Breaking the Cycle of Debt)